WADIT® is a globally proven sheet piling interlock sealant that can be used with all types of hot rolled and cold formed sheet piling interlocks in every environment (tropical to arctic) possible and particularly in marine conditions.
If your sheet piling project involves cofferdams, dewatering, cutoff walls for site remediation, or any application where water leakage through the wall presents a problem, WADIT® is the solution.
Tests have demonstrated that leakage through sheet pile walls is reduced up to 95% when interlock sealants are used; and sealed joint sheet pile cutoff walls are anywhere from 100 to 10,000 times more effective as groundwater flow barriers (sealed walls typically exhibit hydraulic conductivity in the 10-7
cm/sec range) than unsealed interlock walls.
WADIT® is the smart choice sealant from a cost, safety and convenience standpoint.
Most common WADIT® applications include:
- Permanent and temporary sheet and pipe pile wall constructions for ports, islands, cofferdams, etc.
- Building trenches in soil with a high ground water level
- Casting the sheet pile wall interlock to prevent the ingress of soil components and the seizing of the piles during the driving process that this involves
- Sheet pile wall constructions in soil types with ground water and a low content of fine particles (gravel-type soil) and with unsuitable particle size distribution
- Reduction of interlock friction
- Encapsulation of contaminated soil areas
- Dam renovation work
- Sealing river banks
- Delimitation of underground water masses in water protection areas
- Sealing work on concrete and steel parts
1. WADIT® is tested and certified to keep water out and withstand 5 bars of pressure
WADIT® has been tested to withstand 5 bars (~70 psi) of differential water pressure. This means it will remain in place and functional with even a 160' head of water pressure against it.
2. Optimal flexibility
Conventional materials become as hard as glass in temperatures of just 50°F. WADIT®, on the other hand, remains extremely flexible even in ground water (normally 41°F to 45°F throughout the year). This means that no sealant can break out of the interlock when the sheet pile walls are inserted, thus resulting in leaks.
3. Environmental: No harmful effects to the environment
WADIT® is non-toxic and is made from sustainable natural raw materials. WADIT® sealant can be used without any restrictions in sheet pile wall interlocks in ground and surface water areas ... no fear of harmful effects if it is used in the area of drinking water extraction systems" (quote from the German equivalent of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)).
4. Once installed it is impervious to weather
Once WADIT® is in the interlock, it doesn't matter if it rains or snows: the performance of WADIT® will not be affected by weather. WADIT® can be transported and stored without restrictions. Furthermore, you can drive the piling as soon as 15 minutes after installing; or, let it sit in your yard or at the job site for months before driving.
5. Unique durable bond
WADIT® creates a secure bond even in extreme conditions, such as: strong water, ice or earth pressure, movements of the sheet pile wall, or displacement of the piles during transport, etc., in the interlock chamber. Even in daytime temperatures of 120°F, the material will remain stable in the interlock.
6. WADIT® can be delivered already installed in the sheet piling interlocks
We stock WADIT® in the factories so your sheet piles or interlocks can come directly installed with it. Enquire to find out more with Mer Lion Metals Pte. Ltd.
7. Memory effect = material rebound after movement
This unique effect of WADIT®, even in low temperatures such as that in ground water, guarantees an excellent seal even in the event of torsion and other movement in the sheet pile wall interlock.